The week from Academic and Appointment Hell

I’ve been both dreading and eagerly awaiting the week for weeks now. On the academic side, I have an annotated bibliography, needs assessment report, midterm, lab test, poster creation, presentations and I’ve been planning a program for my local university. Needless to say, this week academically is very very busy. In addition to all the crazy school stuff, I have two volunteering commitments AND two major appointments “scheduled”

So, late last week I had realized I hadn’t received any confirmation calls, which I always have. So I decide to give both my neurologist and pain management offices a call to double check that I didn’t miss the call..

Yesterday, I heard back from my pain management clinic, which was scheduled for Thursday at 2PM and I’ve had this appointment since September. Apparently whomever scheduled me failed to realize that my physician never works on Thursdays, and that I would have to wait till the next available appointment with her which is on May 12th…. So I was annoyed that I would have to wait an additional two months, but since I was scheduled to see my Neurologist this week, I was less of an issue.

This morning, I received a call from my neurologists office stating that I did not have an appointment this week, and that instead it was two weeks from now, This is when I started to get very very angry. When I received this appointment date months ago, I had immediately called the office to change the date, as I am not available. I had even received a confirmation letter of my appointment for tomorrow morning at 9:30.. My only option at the time was to wait until June for his next appointment.. :/  BUT thank my lucky stars, someone cancelled tomorrow so I will end up seeing him, and I have no idea what to even think about tomorrow…

The plan of my neuro appointment tomorrow is for him to tell me what is wrong. If my CM is primary or secondary, and whether or not my Chiari malformation is rapidly growing (Initial testing shows the development of a 6 MM herniation in 4 years, instead of my entire life)

I’m afraid I am getting to hyped up about this, and that he is going to let me down like he has before.. I’ll update you guys tomorrow (as long as nothing goes wrong) or by the weekend!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s